Tuesday, August 22, 2023

An attempt at journaling, getting back on the path

Its been a long time since I wrote anything on here. Surprised the site still exists.
Its now August 22nd, 2023.

I have been out of the metaphysical space for a while, but have been making a serious attempt at being a better version of myself.

Looking back at some of my posts here, the separation between the me of now and then seems large.

I want to get back into a meditation practice. I want to get my life back. I feel present, for the first time in a while, at least since I got my new job (April 19th, 2015).

Between now and then? My father died. (February 17, 2017), my mom has Alzheimer's, and was undergoing testing as of December 2017, but wasn't diagnosed until much later. I'm not sure if that was due to job loss, other stress and mostly me being on autopilot.

I can see where my life took turns that if I was more aware, more in control of my actions I would have avoided or done better.

The past is just that. Water spilled cannot ever be put back into the container, but at least I have some pretty Rorschach style tests to remind me of those...

No comments:

Post a Comment