Thursday, August 24, 2023

Oracle card: Hare

I pulled another card, and got the following, without the intent of reading reversed or not, and got the Hare, reversed:

I think the intent here is that I am focusing a bit too much on the outside and need to take care of things at home before I really can get my footing on my path.  It seems like a good fit just because I know things at home are... untenable. My mom is going to need more help moving forward, especially as I see her moving more towards what is defined as "moderate dementia" symptoms.

In reality I know what I need to do, but it still feels like abandoning responsibility. Even when I know that the reality of the situation is she is going to need more care moving forward, and if I find myself unable (or unwilling?) to provide it at these stages... The difficultly moving forward is only going to get more difficult. In comes the hare, a reminder that "I may need to apply common sense to a greater degree than I have in the past". I feel like it speaks to me here.

Hare, Druid Animal Oracle card. Such a great deck! This card has such ...

 

Hare (Gaelic: Gearr) – Rebirth, Intuition, Balance

Description: The card shows the original hare of Britain – the Arctic hare, which was later replaced by the common town hare, probably imported by the Romans from the plains of Central Europe. It is nearly dawn but we can still see the moon in the sky. In the background stands a dolmen – symbol of rebirth – and in the foreground we can see a lapwing’s nest, with the eggs that were said to have been brought by the hare. Harebell, hare parsley, and hare’s foot clover grow closely by.

Meaning: Gearr brings us the benefits of balance and intuition, of promise and fulfillment. The Hare is a creature of the Goddess, the moon and the night, and yet it also represents the dawn, brightness, and the east. It is the most adept of animals at shape-shifting: we can never be sure exactly where the hare is – in this or the Otherworld. It represents intuition, which makes things appear suddenly in our consciousness, like the lapwing eggs of Easter, that magically appear in the hare’s nest. As a representative of the Corn Spirit and the the two equinoxes, the hare brings excitement of rebirth, fertile abundance, and willing release as each creative cycle comes to an end. With the hare as your ally, you will be able to negotiate times of change, and you will be able to draw on your intuition to guide you through life.

On the flip side, this card may be suggesting that there is an imbalance in your life. If is possible that you are allowing yourself to be overly concerned with the Otherworld: regarding every unusual sign as a portent, or paying too much attention to “channeled” messages. To achieve balance, we need to concern ourselves with the outer realm just as much as the inner: of channeled messages someone once remarked, “Just because they’re dead doesn’t mean they’re smart.” Wisdom and guidance come from many sources, and you may need to apply common sense to a greater degree than you have in the past.

The Druid Animal Oracle by authors Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm and artist Will Worthington

Source: https://partingthemists.com/2022/09/30/todays-card-hare-and-friends-guide-us-to-balance-play-and-enchantment/

No comments:

Post a Comment